8 Amazing health benefits of papaya seeds for liver, gut and kidneys
Papaya a popular tropical fruit which is greatly known in most Asian countries because of its ability too aid in skin whitening, but still has more to offer than what people expected.
When eating the papaya fruit, most times we throw the papaya seeds because we commonly perceive it without value.
But little did we know, we are disregarding a huge part of the fruit. Do you know how enormously beneficial they can be and how they can prevent and cure a great variety of ailment?
Most of them are related to issues with the liver, gut, intestinal worms, and even diseases like dengue.
1. Destroys Parasites that Thrives in the Intestine. The seeds of papaya were discovered to contain an alkaloid named carpaine that is responsible for killing intestinal worms and amoeba parasites.
The papaya fruit itself also helps metabolize proteins and which creates an extremely hostile environment in the gastrointestinal tract for parasites to live and thrive.
An astounding study has shown that Nigerian children who have parasites in their gut have gotten rid of the 75% of the times by consuming papaya seed juice for 7 days.
Papaya seeds also become potent remedies even killing parasites and their tiny eggs. Here’s how you can do it, first it’s important dry them out on a hotplate, you can use about 30 to 40 seeds.
When they became completely dry, you must crush them into a powder form and then mix them with some honey. Stir it well.
You can put this in your lemon tea drink before breakfast, make sure to not eat anything else for 30 minutes. Have this drink at least three times a day for greater results.
2. Keeps The Kidneys Healthy. Papaya seeds are also featured in a research at the University of Karachi. They were known to exhibit properties that can be used to improve kidney health and preventing renal failure.
The same works wonders for kidney poisoning-related diseases. You can make a concoction by using 5 to 7 papaya seeds.
Mix them into a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice. It is best to drink it every morning before having breakfast.
If you need to treat some kind of a kidney problem, such as infections, you can try blending 7 seeds with a freshly prepared glass of horsetail tea.
Make sure to drink it while it’s still warm with a few drops of lemon, also before breakfast.
It’s also more effective if you avoid anything refined, more specifically white flours and sugar, cow’s milk, and irritants, like coffee, chocolate, vinegar, pepper, are also some of the items you should steer clear from.
3. Reduces Inflammation Of The Joints. Papaya fruit together with its seeds, unlike other seeds, contains excellent anti-inflammatory properties in nature, which makes them great for alleviating arthritis, joint pains, swelling, pain, and redness.
Papain and chymopapain are the two most important enzymes in papaya seeds that play key roles in reducing inflammation that is associated with these conditions.
4. Heals Liver Cirrhosis. Papaya seeds contain vital nutrients that help heal cirrhosis of the liver. Grind or crush 5–6 papaya seeds and have them with food or juice, especially lime juice. This should be done for 30 days.
5. Kills Bacteria And Heals Viral Infections. A few papaya seeds has been found to have amazing properties to kill harmful bacteria like Staphylococcus, E. coli, and Salmonella.
They also help fight viral infections and even serve as a cure for dengue, typhoid, and other numerous threatening diseases. Papaya seeds are commonly mixed with milk in Nigeria. It is proven an excellent cure for typhoid fever.
In Costa Rica, the seeds have been extensively popular since it is used to fight against dengue fever. The juice that they can get from boiling papaya leaves can help in such a way because of it’s ability to increase platelet count.
6. Arrests Cancer. Papaya seeds contain agents such as phenolic and flavonoids, both powerful compounds that have high antioxidant activities to diminish tumor cells growth They contain isothiocyanates which work well for colon, breast, lung, leukemia and prostate cancer.
7. Lowers High Blood Pressure. Promising improvements in cardiovascular conditions were also manifested in lab rats upon a recent study.
Carpaine—as mentioned earlier is a compound found in all of the papaya including the leaves and seeds—were discovered to have effective agents for decreasing systolic, diastolic, and mean arterial blood pressure.
8. Aids Digestion. Unripe papaya and papaya seeds both have high contents of the enzyme papain. Papain is known to be a beneficial aid to digest proteins better.
However it is said that pregnant women or those trying to conceive should avoid it. In fact, papaya seeds are considered natural contraceptives.
Some studies conducted in male rats show a decrease sperm production from being fed papaya seeds on a routinary basis.
But since papaya seeds have very potent enzymes, it’s best to not go overboard. People can eat fresh seeds, a teaspoon eaten together with the main fruit is delicious.
You could also try pounding the whole lot of the seeds from the fruit, using your mortar and pestle and keeping them in a small jar in the fridge that could last a week. If you plan on keeping it for longer, store them in the freezer and thaw before use.
Another way is drying them by putting them under the sun or by simply using a dehydrator. Once dried , pound them or place them in a food processor to grind them into a powder form that can be used in your food.
Any natural remedy should be appreciated and well spread for us to continue preserving this knowledge. Sharing this information will also greatly benefit your friends and loved ones!