These are the 9 foods you should not eat on an empty stomach
One thing that we do that is actually compromising our health is forcibly eating certain foods on an empty stomach. Eating isn’t wrong of course, but what we’re trying to point out is the kind of food that you eat whenever you have less time to properly eat food for breakfast.
Naturally, we eat food when we’re hungry. However, there are food that you should watch out for when you have an empty stomach.
Giving your stomach an unfair food intake can lead to some serious results that will destroy the walls of your stomach or intestines.
Before anything like so will happen, good thing for you to read this article since we will cover what you should not eat on an empty stomach. Here are a few of them.
1. Yogurt. We all know what’s inside yogurt. It has live microorganisms which are actually your normal flora or the kind that will help your normal flora.
Your stomach acids alone cannot digest and absorbs all the nutrients you plan to intake. So your normal intestinal bacteria does the work in breaking down these particles.
Eating yogurt would render the bacteria on it as useless. Without any other food to help in digestion, your stomach acid will kill them anyway.
2. Bananas. This fruit is a very healthy one that can even make your stomach full and relieve constipation.
However, there is a proper time to eat bananas and that is after having a meal and not before it. Eating bananas on an empty stomach will cause your body to absorb too much magnesium and potassium in your blood, causing imbalance.
Since it is not accompanied by other nutrients, your protein carriers can only utilize magnesium and make your stomach acidic.
3. Alcohol. There are people who drink alcohol first thing in the morning. They even include alcohol in cooking food. Alcohol isn’t so great since your organs will have a hard time converting the alcohol into something useful.
Consuming alcohol in an empty stomach will make it flow directly to your blood stream. Because of that, the blood vessels throughout your body will widen and will lead to a temporary feeling of warmth.
This is very dangerous because as we all know, blood circulates all throughout our body. And that includes our organs like lungs and our brain.
4. Carbonated Drinks. These drinks, when consumed in an empty stomach, can badly damage your stomach lining and prevent a good blood flow of oxygen.
Also, carbonated drinks such as soft drinks is very acidic. Drinking them without eating anything will increase acidity in your stomach which is a bad thing because it can also cause ulcer.
If this is always practiced, then don’t be surprised if you develop a stomach cancer.
5. Pears. Just like other fruits, pear is very rich in nutrients such as carbohydrates, fats, protein, and fiber. So probably, you’re thinking that there isn’t anything wrong if you eat this fruit first thing in the morning. But that’s where you’re wrong.
In an empty stomach, eating pears is not a very good idea. That is because without eating anything else, your stomach isn’t strong enough to handle the crude fiber that pears have.
The stomach depends on mucous membrane to breakdown and digest food so you won’t damage it.
6. Tomatoes. Aside from being filled with huge amount of Vitamin C, tomatoes also has high levels of tannic acid.
Consumption of tomatoes in an empty stomach will only make the acid in your stomach go crazy because the tannic acid of tomatoes will disturb the acid in your stomach. When this happens, the level of acidity in your stomack while rise, thus leading to gastric problem or gastric ulcer.
Especially when you’re experiencing acid reflux lately, you should avoid eating tomatoes with an empty stomach.
7. Citrus Fruits. Tomatoes aren’t the only one that is rich in acids, citrus fruits are also filled with them.
There are some cases when people who eat citrus fruits such as oranges and grapes in an empty stomach don’t experience or feel anything strange, but that is a very rare case. Most people will have their stomach reacting to the mixing of acid and acid.
Eating citrus fruits without eating anything else beforehand can cause inflammation in the lower esophagus, and even stomach cancer.
8. Sweets. Some people tend to eat candy, chocolate and other sweets when their hungry and no other food is available at the moment. This is being practiced by many people yet they don’t know that doing so is actually bad for the health.Sugar of the blood or glucose is the primary substance that can overload your pancreas and make it produce too much insulin.
After resting or a good sleep, your organs have just been in work again so do not surprise them with a huge dose of sweets.
9. Short crusts and Pastries. Continental breakfast may be very appealing to the eye but you should resist and try your best to avoid them. Be it danish or croissants, the yeast in the bread can still potentially irritate your stomach lining.The irritation of the stomach lining can result to the release of toxic gases of the body or flatulence.
Moreover, by consuming the yeast in crusts and pastries, you are complicating the acid production of your body so it’s just better to avoid having such food first thing in the morning.
Share this to your friends so they may also be informed to not eat these food in an empty stomach!