These are the home remedies to improve our eyesight naturally
Weak eyesight is usually linked with either nearsightedness or also known as myopia or farsightedness or also called as hyperopia. Factors that are contributing to these kinds of conditions usually include genetics, poor nutrition, as well as aging and too much strain on the eyes.
The most common symptoms of weak eyesight are blurry vision, repeated headaches and even watery eyes.
You have to make sure to consult and visit your doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment. There will are times where eye issue can be caused by serious problems such as glaucoma, macular degeneration, as well as cataracts and optic neuropathy.
Weak eyesight is commonly amended with the use of prescription glasses, lenses or even surgery. You can also try some natural and effective home remedies in order to assist in enhancing your eyesight. Here are the top 10 natural home remedies for weak eyesight:
1. Eye Exercises. Eye exercises can actually make your eye muscles more flexible, as well as to provide energy and blood flow to the eyes in order to keep optimal vision. Regular eye exercises fights against eye strain and it also enhances focus and even concentration.
Exercise 1. Hold a pencil at the length of your arms and concentrate on it. Gradually bring it closer to your nose and then move it farther from your vision until you can no longer keep it in focus. Do this for at least 10 times a day.
Exercise 2. Roll both of your eyes in the clockwise direction for several seconds and then roll them counter-clockwise for some time. Do this again for about four to five times, blinking your eyes between each set.
Exercise 3. Try the eyelid fluttering by blinking your eyes for about 20 to 30 times faster and repeatedly, without even squeezing your eyes shut. Finally, close both of your eyes and let them rest for a while. You can also try palming, which is described below. Do this for at least twice a day.
Exercise 4. Focus your vision on a distant object for some time. The best way to do this without hurting your eyes is to look at the moon and concentrate on it for around three to five minutes on a daily basis.
Perform one or more of these eye exercises regularly, for at least several months in order to get optimal results.
2. Sunning and Palming. Both of sunning and palming are also beneficial for your eyes because these kinds of methods assist in reactivating and flexing the eye lens, as well as ciliary muscles. Sunning will offer you the benefit of the healing ability of the sun and palming; on the other hand will promote relaxation and the sense of well-being. According to Chinese culture, the sun has important life energies that are necessary to the health of the eyes, as well as the entire body.
For sunning, let the sun shine directly on your closed eyelids while you are breathing deeply. Repeat this for at least once a day for several minutes, followed by palming.
For palming, gently rub your palms together in order to generate heat and then carefully cup your palms over your closed eyes without even applying pressure on them. You have to make sure to cover your entire eyes completely so there will be no trace of light. Repeat this few times on a daily basis while visualizing a pleasant scene.
Acupressure/Acupuncture. According to the traditional Chinese Medicine or TCM, not working or disease in the eyes are usually closely linked to both of the liver and kidneys. There are numerous acupressure or acupuncture points around the orbits of the eyes, which are the bones that surround the eyeballs.
Gently massage each of the acupressure points around the circle of your eyes for at least 5 to 10 minutes. Begin from the first point, which is shown in the image above and go up then outward massaging each distant point. You can do this for few times on a daily basis. Just remember that if you are pregnant, consult a trained acupuncturist before trying this kind of therapy. Moreover, do not massage the areas with scars, burns or infection.
Walking barefoot on grass in the morning dew for at least half an hour is also considered as acupuncture treatment in order to aid eyesight because it has the ability to activate the nerve fibers that are associated with the feet. There are reflexology pressure points for the eyes on both of the second and third toes. Additionally, the green color of the grass is relieving for the eyes.
3. Ginkgo Biloba. Gingko biloba has the ability to enhance the circulation and flow of the blood in the eyes. In addition to improving your eyesight, it also fights against issue such as glaucoma and even macular degeneration. Early research advises that it may also beneficial to people with retinopathy.
Gingko biloba is also known for its ability to soothe anxiety, as well as to enhance both of memory and thinking, particularly in those people who are suffering from dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. Take around 120 milligrams of standardized gingko biloba capsules on a daily basis in two or three divided doses.
Remember: this herb should not be given to children. Furthermore, people who are suffering from diabetes should consult their doctor before taking this kind of herb.
Bilberry. Bilberry is another well-known herb for both of vision and health of the eyes. It can also assist in enhancing night vision because it can actually stimulate the regeneration of the visual purple component of the retina.
Moreover, it has the ability to fight against macular degeneration, as well as glaucoma and cataracts. It is also great for retinal issues that are connected to diabetes or high blood pressure because it is loaded in a chemical, which is known as anthocyanoside that contains potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Consume around ½ cup of ripe bilberry fruits on a daily basis. You can also ask your doctor for medications.
4. Almonds. Almonds are also great for enhancing eyesight due to its high content of omega-3 fatty acids, Vitamin E, as well as antioxidant content. They can also assist in improving both of memory and concentration.
To prepare almond with such purpose, douse around 5 to 10 pieces of almonds in water overnight. The next morning, peel the skin and crush the almonds.
Consume this paste with a glass of warm milk. Repeat this on a daily basis for at least several months.
5. Fennel. Fennel has both of nutrients and antioxidants, which can actually help in promoting healthy eyes and it also slows down the development of cataracts. Ancient Romans, as a matter of fact, have regarded fennel as the herb of sight.
If at all possible, use the larger variety of fennel for enhancing eyesight. To do that, place a cup of each of almonds, fennel and sugar candy or simply sugar in a blender, and combine all of the ingredients until it turns to a fine powder.
Before going to sleep, eat at least one tablespoon of this powder, followed by a glass of warm milk. Repeat this on a regular basis for about 40 days.
6. Wild Asparagus. Wild asparagus or also known as shatavari is another amazing home remedy in order to enhance vision. According to Ayurveda, this kind of medicinal herb is said to promote a long, health life of the eyes.
Combine at least one teaspoon of wild asparagus with ½ teaspoon of honey. Consume this mixture for around twice a day with a cup of warm milk of cow.
Do this for several months.
7. Indian Gooseberry. Indian gooseberry or also called as Amla is another wonderful and effective remedy in order to improve vision. It is loaded with few nutrients, particularly Vitamin C and other antioxidants. Vitamin C has the ability to promote healthy capillaries, as well as to assist in keeping proper functioning of the retinal cells.
Combine around two to four teaspoons of Indian gooseberry juice in ½ cup of water. Consume it for at least twice a day, in the morning and in the evening. You can also take the juice with some honey.
As an option, you can actually eat an Indian gooseberry preparation known as Amla Murabba, which is a sweetened preserve. Follow any of these remedies for several months.
8. Healthy Diet. Consume a diet that is loaded with Vitamins A, B-complex, and C, D and E, as well as beta-carotene, amino acids, lutein and even zeaxanthin, all of which promotes the health of the eyes. The chlorophyll in green leafy vegetables also aids in enhancing the vision.
Consume fresh green leafy vegetables and also include carrots, spinach, corn, beetroot, sweet potato, blueberries, as well as broccoli and kale. Fatty fish, eggs, nuts and seeds are also beneficial for health of your eyes.
You can also take nutritional supplements after consulting your doctor.
Additional Tips: Do not stay addicted to your television or computer screen because it contributes to eye strain, and when you are working on a computer, position the monitor at a comfortable distance, around 18 to 24 inches away. The height of the monitor should be at or just below your eye level. In order to avoid glare on your computer, get an anti-glare screen if needed.
Also, take regular visual breaks and rest your eyes every 20 minutes. Avoid reading in dim light because it place strain on the eye muscles, and do not wear glasses that have wrong prescription, this is especially, essential for most of children. It is also important to get regular eye checkups.
When you are out in the sun, wear sunglasses in order to protect your eyes. Always use good quality of eye cosmetics and discard old eye makeup.
Be sure to get enough amount of sleep because sleep deprivation results to eye discomfort and blurry eyesight.